Our employment team acts for a wide range of clients in numerous sectors, both employers and individuals. We cover issues and claims involving all aspects of domestic and international employment law. We will help you find the right course to steer through legislation that changes frequently and is often complex and confusing. Our aim is to help you manage risk effectively, implement change and capitalise on key business opportunities by providing accurate and unrivalled commercially focused advice.
We have a dedicated Equality and Diversity team who focus on equal opportunities and discrimination issues. We handle the litigation arising from such situations, whilst also providing critical advice to clients on non-contentious in-house matters, with a view of avoiding court action in the future.
What you can expect from us is active partner involvement, clear communication and a keen focus on your individual commercial objectives. We offer legally influenced strategies for your business, not simply isolated answers to specific legal questions.
We provide expertise in all the following:
- standard policy documents for employers including disciplinary and grievance procedures, consultancy agreements, written terms of employment and employee handbooks
- advice on dismissals, industrial relations and collective issues, the protection of businesses through restrictive covenants and confidentiality
- conducting contractual negotiations when an employer is looking to appoint or dismiss an employee
- seeking court remedies such as injunctions in order to protect a business,
- handling the employment issues that arise when corporate transactions and reorganisations take place, including outsourcings, both on a domestic and international basis
- handling employee claims in the high court and employment tribunals
Heads of Group: Ian Hunter and Benjamine Fiedler