Operating in Germany for more than a decade, we have over 180 lawyers in 4 key business centres that share the same passion for moving your business forward that you do.
Bird & Bird has four offices in Germany: Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich.
By combining their in-depth local knowledge, extensive cross-border experience and deep industry knowledge, our German lawyers have helped some of the world’s largest organisations break into new and emerging markets, acquire and expand and protect their products.
We’re particularly great in industries where technology, regulation and intellectual property have a significant impact.
All our lawyers work closely with other experts in Bird & Bird offices throughout Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as like-minded law firms in other key economic centres throughout the world.
Our German offices are headed by Managing Partner Alexander Schröder-Frerkes. Feel free to contact us to discuss your challenges.
Recent highlights of work
● We represented a multinational communications company in large-scale series of patent proceedings against various market competitors.
● We assisted a major solar power company in all business activities in the solar market, including financing, customer, project and delivery agreements as well as cooperations.
● We advised one of the world's largest manufacturer of computers in the public acquisition of a German listed company; the first large takeover of a German listed company by a Chinese company.
● We provided advice to a German pharmaceutical company in connection with the sale of a complete product portfolio including local subsidiaries and sales structures in Central and Eastern Europe and the Middle East/North Africa.
● We represented the largest German broadcasting organisation in various administrative court proceedings regarding the selection and approval of broadcasting time for independent third parties.
● We advised the German Savings Banks Association and its members regarding the use of social media, particularly on data protection law and liability, as well as drafting guidelines for the use of social media.
● We represented large German insurance companies in a defence before the regional social insurance appeal tribunals regarding antitrust proceedings of the Federal Cartel Office regarding additional fees of the health insurance companies.
● We provide the world's largest beauty company with ongoing support and advice on all competition law matters.
● We advised a consortium on a Europe-wide tendering procedure for the operating concession of Germanys’ first deepwater port.
● We advised on an EPC project agreement for electricity transmission systems connecting offshore wind farms in the North Sea to onshore substations in Germany.
Bird & Bird has opened four offices in Germany in the last 10 years, having gained 30 times more clients and increased its revenue by 1000%. Our client base includes numerous German DAX companies.
We are ranked amongst the top 3 law firms in Germany in 10 different categories and over 40 of our lawyers are frequently recommended experts in their fields of expertise.
JUVE Handbook 2012/13
"Bird & Bird, one of the largest European law firms steeped in tradition, is recognised for its highly specialised expertise in all innovative sectors."
Kanzleien in Deutschland 2011