Bird & Bird has established an international reputation for its intellectual property expertise and is consistently rated as a leader in this field. Our team provides a full range of services regarding creation and protection of inventions, brands and trademarks, copyright and designs.
Bird & Bird’s IP litigation group is the largest in Europe, with over 230 lawyers in total, recognised as leaders in their field in their respective countries.
The French IP team, headed by Yves Bizollon, covers all aspects of intellectual property law. The team has substantial experience of issues arising from copyright, trademarks and Community designs, domain names, internet liability, patents and cross-border procedures.
Accustomed to working with the various public offices, specialized courts, and the commission for employee inventions, our team continually seeks to apply the most practical and efficient methods to achieving the best adapted solutions for our clients. We advise major businesses, often leaders in their market, and adapt the handling of each project appropriately to each client.
Over the past several years, the team has been ranked in the top tier by all the major legal directories.
Specifically, our services cover:Patents and allied rights
- Infringement and validity litigation;
- EPO oppositions;
- Compulsory licenses;
- Infringement, validity and “right to use” opinions;
- R&D, licensing and joint venture agreements; and
- Life science and electronics regulatory advice and disputes.
- Design rights and registered/unregistered design litigation;
- Community design rights advice and disputes; and
- Matters and advice.
Copyright and neighboring rights
- Matters and advice;
- Computer software and database protection; and
- Software and hardware development, distribution and licensing contracts.
Brands and trademarks
- Litigation of registered and unregistered rights;
- Trade mark and brand protection strategies;
- Anti-counterfeiting campaigns;
- Domain name disputes; and
- Community trade mark oppositions/litigation.
- Litigation in both technical and non-technical fields;
- Know-how licensing; and
- Confidentiality agreements.
Intellectual property due diligence, audits and Tax strategies
- Due diligence investigations;
- Substantiating title; and
- IP/ Tax structuring
Contact: Yves Bizollon