Over the last decade, the aviation industry has undergone a number of significant changes, from the liberalisation of air transport regulation to the development of new regulatory provisions.
In addition, enormous advances in technology have created new opportunities for the way in which businesses in this sector operate.
These developments and changes, coupled with the competitive nature of the industry have forced many companies to reshape their business models. As a consequence, the diversity and complexity of legal questions faced by companies is constantly evolving. Our in depth knowledge of the aviation & aerospace sector combined with our expertise in e-commerce, information technology and intellectual property law ensures we are expertly placed to provide a comprehensive range of practical legal advice which is focused to the sector.
We regularly advise airlines, freight forwarders, groundhandling operators, air traffic controllers and airports as well as providers of computer reservation systems. We also advise lessees and lessors in purchasing, financing and leasing.
Our principal areas of advice include:
- airport access
- aviation charges and taxes
- groundhandling services
- marketing agreements
- computer reservation systems / ticketing / payment systems
- environmental issues
- passenger rights and travel agencies obligations
- competition issues regarding market access, route distribution, prices, interlining, co-operation agreements, alliances and mergers
- aircraft trading and management
- aircraft insurance
- registration and operation of aircraft